- Grilled Eggplant Medallion with Crawfish-Mushroom Meuniere 12
- Red Bean Soup with Niman Ranch Ham
- Gumbo Z’Herbes
- Herb Crusted Redfish with Tarragon Cream and Vegetable Linguine 21
- Jerk Rubbed Chicken with Habanero-Cilantro Mash and Smothered Okra 19
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Bourbon-Stewed Cherries, Pecans, Wild Mushroom Rice Pudding 15
Gumbo Z’Herbes is actually a Lenten tradition in New Orleans, being a meatless gumbo that is served over greens with rice. Some will throw a ham bone in it, but we prefer to let the greens and vegetable stock base speak for themselves. With a corn oil roux as the starting point, this gumbo has the added bonus of being vegan, so we often like to feature is when our soup du jour contains meat or fowl. We start with lots of onions, and throw in some mushrooms for extra umami, so that even the most devoted carnivore would find the flavor so rich and satisfying, one wouldn’t notice the absence of animal parts.
We’ve also finally changed over our pie and ice cream for November, making a sweet potato pie and serving it with both whipped cream and rum & ginger ice cream. The ice cream has a nice ginger kick, and the true Ceylon cinnamon we use in the pie adds a sweet and gentle fragrance that’s very distinct from cassia, what most people know as cinnamon. It’s definitely a combination you will not find anywhere else!