- Blue Crab Cheesecake with Petite Heirloom Cucumber Salad
- Green Acres Grape Tomato Salad with Young Lettuces & Cider Vinaigrette
- Chilled Puree of Zephyr Zucchini Soup
- “Sweet & Sour Chicken” – Crisp Nuggets of Gunthorp Farm Chicken with House Five Pepper Jelly, Greens, and Rice
- Red Haven Peach Cobbler with Red Raspberry Ice Cream
Optional Wine PairingsÂ Â $16
- Domaine Colombo Cotes-du-Rhone Blanc 2006, Rhone, France
- Simonnet-Febvre Chablis 2005, Chablis Premier Cru, France
- Domaine du Salvard Cheverny Rose of Pinot Noir 2006, Loire, France
- Saint Germain Champagne Cocktail
The summer vegetables are in full swing! We’re featureing a whole lot of local produce this week, beginning with grape tomatoes, heirloom lemon cucumbers, and and baby lettuces from Green Acres, Five pepper jelly includes produce from Green Acres, Tipi, and V-Greenhouse, the Greens as usual from the amazing Kinnikinnick, and Red Haven peaches and raspberries from our indefatiguable fruit farm, Seedling. The ice cream is home made, of course, with Kalona Organics Cream and Calma Optimal eggs. Yum!
Keep and eye out over the next couple of weeks, as we focus more and more on the local market, gearing up for the Localvore Challenge, when we will attempt to be the most local of all restaurants by offering not one, but five 100% local courses every single day for two weeks, available as a tasting menu for $40. On Thursdays during the Challenge, we will, of course, offer the $40 tasting for our special Thursday price of $24. This is going to be dynamite, so be sure to make reservations soon!