We’ve had a lot of questions asked about our prix-fixe menu for Thanksgiving, and two of them were very good questions indeed: 1. What is the price for children? and 2. I don’t eat meat, but I eat fish, any choices for me besides your vegetarian dish?
1. Children under twelve will be $15, and children under the age of five will eat free from a limited menu!
2. We are bringing in some fantastic Wild Striped Bass from North Carolina to offer a fourth entree selection: Bronzed Wild Striped Bass with Savory Corn Pudding, Broccoli, and Mushrooms, Roasted Green Chile Sauce
I also have to admit that I didn’t forget about sweet potato pie, I just thought pumpkin would be better received in Andersonville for Thanksgiving, and add more variety to the menu, since we are featuring Sweet Potato Moussaka, a vegetarian Southern switch-up on the Mediterranean casserole. Forget all that nonsense, we are making sweet potato pies and pumpkin pies! Now, you can choose which is most appropriate for your Thanksgiving dinner. The sweet potato pie will be more subtle and delicate, all the while very rich as it should be, and the pumpkin pie will have a much more pronounced autumn-spice thing going on.
Wish me luck at the Green City Market tomorrow morning! Rhubarb hasn’t been easy to come by of late. When I was a kid, I always looked forward to the return of rhubarb in the fall after the summer respite. If there’s no rhubarb, we’ll most likely make crumbles out of Seedling’s fantastic apples.
All of which leaves us a menu looking something like this:
Pimiento Cheese, Okra and Green Green Bean Pickles, Crudites, Sally Lunn
Choice of Soup
- She-Crab Soup
- Duck and Tasso Gumbo
- Butternut Squash Soup
Salad, Choice of:
- Waldorf Salad with Red Cort Apples, Grapes, Toasted Pecans, Celery, Butter Lettuce, Green Goddess
- Organic Greens with Shaved Mirliton, Carrot, Cilantro, Orange, Sesame Vinaigrette
Entree, Choice of:
- Deep Fried Turkey, Onion-Sage Dressing, Brussels Sprouts, Cranberries, Mashed Potatoes, Cider Gravy
- Roast Organic Beef Sirloin with Mashed Potatoes, Honey-Glazed Baby Carrots, and Marchand-du-Vin
- Sweet Potato Moussaka with Portobello Mushrooms and Braised Endive, Creole Sauce
- Bronzed Wild Striped Bass with Savory Corn Pudding, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Green Chile Sauce
Dessert, Choice of:
- Pumpkin Pie with Maple-Cinnamon Creme Chantilly
- Sweet Potato Pie with Maple-Cinnamon Creme Chantilly
- Rhubarb Crisp with Brown Sugar Ice Cream
- Mississippi Mud Pie with Homemade Marshmallow Topping
Autumn Bar Specials
- Autumn Manhattan: Willett Kentucky Bourbon, Walnut Liqueur, Clove Bitters 10
- Thanksgiving Sazerac: Remy VS Cognac, Lucid Absinthe, Cane Syrup, Sarsparilla Bitters 10
- South Coast Cosmopolitan: Yaza Ginger Vodka, Apricot Liqueur, Fresh Squeezed Lime, Grenadine 8
- Szigeti Gruner Veltliner Brut, Burgenland, Austria $35 per Bottle