This weekend marks a change we’re very excited about, after our first year in business. We are introducing a daily fixed-price menu (offered in addition to our regular menu) that we are calling the Southern Table Dinners. Each day will feature a different menu, with all unique, fresh, and very seasonal foods. This will be an excellent way for us to showcase, and you to experience, the fantastic produce we will be bringing in from local farms over this growing season.
The produce we have coming in from our Wisconsin Cooperative, the Green City Market, and Sustainable Foods will be changing constantly, and so will this daily feature. Basically, you’ll come over for dinner, and we’ll present three courses, plus sides, relishes, bakery, and treats based on what’s best at the market that day. The idea is to truly recreate an authentic Southern Dining experience. It will be value-priced at $25 Sunday through Thursday evening, and a $29 menu on Friday and Saturday will include more indulgent ingredients.
All of the dishes on our Southern Table Menu will be available a la carte as well, for those who prefer dining that way.
So, Friday’s Southern Table Dinner:
- Cornmeal Crisps with Home Made Pickles and Pimiento Cheese
- Asparagus Salad with Fingerling Potatoes
- Angel Biscuits with Honey Butter
- Lump Crab Stuffed Flounder with Watercress, Golden Rice Grits, and Andouille Beurre Blanc or Cajun-spiced Niman Ranch Baby Back Ribs with Sausage Jambalaya
- Coconut Cream Cake or Peach Ice Cream with Caramel
The menu will may change somewhat Saturday and Sunday, but it should be similar. If you’re curious about any changes, please call!